Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: D112 Rattling/Farting

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Making certain of cables and connections is no.1.

Quote Originally Posted by witzendoz View Post
    It could be that the capsule mount has come loose inside,
    If the connections and cables are good, it might be worth checking this out. It's very accessible.

The D12 capsule assembly is suspended in an upright, kinda cube shaped, frame which can swing slightly front to back.
    It has little rubber/foam bushes to stop it ratting about in there.

The D112 is totally different, but the same thing can happen.
    If you take the four screws out of the D112 rear, the grill and capsule will come away as one piece. (Careful: Don't pull on the wires!)

You should now see two silver screws on the back of the grill. Remove those and you can pop the capsule assembly out.
    It's like a tube with rubber nipples around the circumference. (easy, Jim!)

Those nipples (seriously, Jim!!) suspend the capsule. Just make sure they're not worn or dosed.

If they are, I guess a thin strip of adhesive foam would be a good enough repair.

Thinking about it, you don't even really need to take it out. Just wiggle the capsule assembly about and see if it's spongy or clicky.
    Last edited by Steenamaroo; 10-22-2013 at 06:38.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    Thanks for all the pointers! I wish I had the mic with me, now iim anxious to get this thing working! Hope its not the capsule! I feel If there was a capsule program it would always distort rather than intermittently.
    Check out my band Primate House: http://primatehouse.bandcamp.com/

Thanks
    Hey everyone! Just got the mic back. I opened it up and saw no issues. I think I might be dealing with a wobbly XLR Pin as that is the only thing on the mic that physically rattles. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement pin somewhere?

New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    Have you looked really close at the point where the wires connect to the XLR pins?
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

Thanks
    Can you post pics?
    The three pins are set in moulded plastic. That whole piece is secured by a grub screw which can come loose.
    Have you checked it?
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    I popped it open and the pins themselves didnt seem wobbly. The screw is tight though. If I can find my camera charger I can post pics
    I am thinking that simply taping the mic cable in place may prevent any rattles. Being in a college dorm I unfortunately don't have a big bass amp or a bass drum to test it on.
    Also from that soundcloud clip I saw just how consistent the drummer from my band is. Shout out to big red!

Thanks

D112 Rattling/Farting

I primarily have been a blues musician in my semi-pro status you might say . I've bought and sold about a gazzillion dollars in equip of all kinds over the years as I am sure most on this forum has done as well . With that said, several musician pals of mine have sort of sparked my interest in learning bass in my old age . Although my music influences range from all the REAL MUSIC that stems from the 50's , 60's and 70's, (here's where you can laugh if you like ), I've taken up ukulele in the recent past quite adamantly . Currently I have acquired a pile of all flavors of custom luthier ( mostly USA made ) ukulele . My bass playing buds that play well across genre and instrument lines convinced me to purchase a Kala UBass and of course, that's what I did a few weeks back . AppValley Vidmate TweakBox
    Last edited by zamakli; 08-06-2018 at 07:23.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zamakli View Post
    I primarily have been a blues musician in my semi-pro status you might say . I've bought and sold about a gazzillion dollars in equip of all kinds over the years as I am sure most on this forum has done as well . With that said, several musician pals of mine have sort of sparked my interest in learning bass in my old age . Although my music influences range from all the REAL MUSIC that stems from the 50's , 60's and 70's, (here's where you can laugh if you like ), I've taken up ukulele in the recent past quite adamantly . Currently I have acquired a pile of all flavors of custom luthier ( mostly USA made ) ukulele . My bass playing buds that play well across genre and instrument lines convinced me to purchase a Kala UBass and of course, that's what I did a few weeks back .
    Sorry but what has this got to do with a faulty microphone?

Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

Alan.

Thread Information