d00ds out there wanna recommend overhead mic stands?

On second though I might have to go with that stand tmix suggested.

My parents are talking about converting the car port into... essentially... a legit space for me :eek: in 2012 (double the size of where i am now :eek: and i could have concrete floor :eek:)
they've wanted to do that for a while anyway, but this way my mom can have her guest bedroom back :facepalm:
(but hey ill take it :D...anyway that's another thread for another time though)
so i don't want to screw up her room more than I already have.

So I'm ready for two really awesome, strong, flexible stands for my overheads... that i can also use if I ever need to drape blankets for vox or geetars :o

I hope to not go more than 150 for the pair.

Unless you meant 150 kilograms, I don't think you'll fine "really awesome, strong, flexible" mic stands for that price. Reasonably strong and flexible, sure. "Awesome" ime requires an extra decimal place in your budget.

Those two onstage stands are 130 each on sweetwater, but I can get a pair for 156.
Good enough for me.
Maybe one day when I'm ready to overhaul ill buy 1500 dollar mic stands (;)as long as they have free shipping of course) at this point though I don't feel comfortable dropping more than 150(156:o) on mic stands.

Yo Kidkage! Welcome to the world of "you get what you pay for." This bad boy will do what you want and a lot more:

OnStage SMS7650 | 8thstreet.com | Call 1-800-878-8882 | Free Shipping on most orders!

You want expensive mics 12 feet in the air? (I do for stereo ensemble recording- choirs, etc.). I've got 2 like this in the studio, and other than short booms and desk stands, they are the ones that get used 90% of the time for everything.-Richie

I have a pair of these. Good stuff.

Back