Cool mic story

Audioplay1

So I'm sitting here working on a new tune - phone rings. I say "hello" - other party says " went to a garage sale and they were closing down about 5pm so I start to leave". I'm thinkin' "
so?" Other party says " the guy hosting the sale shows me this box of junk and says "5 bucks and it's yours". I say "so?" Other party says "I bought it and in the bottom was this little white box". My interest peaks "and what was in it?" He says "some little microphone, silver, you want it? " Now, let me think......
I say "how much?" He says "free" UH LET ME THINK. . . .
So I say bring it over. He does and inside this cool white box with velvet lining is a mint condition original Sennheiser MKH104 condenser mic. I salivate a bit. Beautiful aircraft silver mic in pristine condition. I email Sennheiser for details. Seems this little baby in mint condition was the grandfather to a number of condensers later manufactured by the same. I'm thinkin' "cool, what's it worth?" They tell me current market value about $600 + ! ! So I'm thinking "Saturday is a good garage sale day" Let's see now, simple math here - 600 / 5 = 120 x original purchase price. collector item mic, great condition, I now understand when the wife uses the term "bargain".

Just digressin'

Steve

Back