Cathedrak Pipes Durham- help!

Murilo1

So my durham mk11 just came in and im running a ND767A Dynamic Microphone into the durham and then straight into my focusrite scarlett 2i2., But theres no sound coming through or anything. I get more sound out of the mic with just it alone going through to the scarlet. I have no clue how to power this thing and think maybe its because the scarlett doesnt have enough volts to power it idk?? i have no clue when it comes to this stuff so if anyone knows how to get my mk11 working that would be fuckin awesome :D

Do you have phantom power switched on? The microphone doesn't need it on its own but the Durham does.

You need to use an XLR cable into the Focusrite to get phantom power, and the switch has to be on. Sometimes it can take a couple of seconds for it to light up a condenser mic. Provided both of the XLR cables are good, it would help to be able to test the Durham with some other mixer or mic preamp that has 48V phantom power to help isolate the problem. I've never owned a USB powered interface, so maybe it is possible that it's power starved. I have no idea how much current draw the Durham has, but people have made the claim that the Focusrite should have enough 48V to run condenser mics well enough.

Maybe a powered USB hub dedicated to the Focusrite would help? Hopefully others with more experience with that interface can chime in.

i have a female xlr to male connecting the mic to the durham then a female xlr to 1/4 connecting to the scarlett. is the issue the 1/4? btw thanks for all the replies

Yes, the issue is with the 1/4 connection. The 48v phantom power only works with xlr connections.

The ND767A mic has a pretty hot output compared to other dynamic mics and I'm surprised you would need a booster going into the 2i2, but if you were using a 1/4" cable for the connection that could account for less signal getting into the interface.

i have a female xlr to male connecting the mic to the durham then a female xlr to 1/4 connecting to the scarlett. is the issue the 1/4? btw thanks for all the replies

Yeah, phantom doesn't go to the 1/4". Let us know if you get it going.

yeah! thanks for the replies n stuff, im hooking it up without the 1/4 and bumpin the gain all the way up on 48v and its coming out so much better than before! :)

Back