Camera charging port is also the mic plug in

Anticleon

This is the camera, and the mic should be connected to the charging port. That's my problem, basically, and can anyone tell me whether there's any other socket or something to use both? I have no idea about this stuff so this might sound stupid I know.
Is there any other additional device with any kind of remote controlling trick to solve this? Wifi or something? I know this goes more with a camera forum but as this is the only forum I've signed up...
Any instructions would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I downloaded the manual...... the charging port is a USB-C port. There appear to be two microphones built into the camera, one of which is near the USB-C port. Is there a microphone you are trying to connect to the USB port and if so, can you give a link to the microphone? There appears to be no way to connect an external mic to the device.

Attachments

• osmo.jpg
    osmo.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 6
I downloaded the manual...... the charging port is a USB-C port. There appear to be two microphones built into the camera, one of which is near the USB-C port. Is there a microphone you are trying to connect to the USB port and if so, can you give a link to the microphone? There appears to be no way to connect an external mic to the device.

Doesn't seem to be anything in the descriptive page that indicates you can use an external mic.

Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate your help. I think the best solution is to use the built in mics and check connectivity before buying next camera in future.

Back