Cad Trion 6000 vs Cad m179

guitartyson123

Hi everyone, I was thinking of picking up one of these mics and wondering how do they differ?

Wat is more suitable for recording vocals?

Thankyou

The CAD 179 is much beloved, and I found this on ProAudioReview...

"I set up the 6000 and 8000 and a Neumann U 87 (my usual go-to vocal mic) in a tight cluster, using the Onyx 800R as a front end... On both male and female speech, the Trion 6000 sounded remarkably close to the U 87 working both close (four inches) and distant (16 inches), with the exception of a bit of a bit brighter top end: perfectly acceptable as a contemporary vocal sound."

Can you post a link to that article? That's an interesting comparison. A bit like how the Studio Projects C1 was received at first. That became a hotly contested claim.

The CAD 179 is much beloved, and I found this on ProAudioReview...

"I set up the 6000 and 8000 and a Neumann U 87 (my usual go-to vocal mic) in a tight cluster, using the Onyx 800R as a front end... On both male and female speech, the Trion 6000 sounded remarkably close to the U 87 working both close (four inches) and distant (16 inches), with the exception of a bit of a bit brighter top end: perfectly acceptable as a contemporary vocal sound."

Thanks for the reply! This is why i was wondering what's a better mic... Everyone that has a m179 seems to love it, but then theres only a few reviews on the Trion 6000 (although all the reviews are very positive).

And heres the link to the article - http://www.proaudioreview.com/pages/s.0033/t.1112.html

Well, the M177 and 179 have been out for years which is why there are so many reviews and opinions on them. I have them and they are great workhorse mics. The Trion series is fairly new, although the major positive reviews are on the 8000 and 7000.

Back