Buying my first condenser today! help!

Don't be disappointed if omni sounds disappointing in a typical household room--if it does, try cardioid.

Merry Christmas! I wish MY family would buy me good mics!

Don't be disappointed if omni sound
s disappointing in a typical household room--if it does, try cardioid.

Merry Christmas! I wish MY family would buy me good mics!

Haha is it okay to switch the pattern settings when the thing is powered? I would assume so but just to be safe

I tried it in an open room on both omni and cardioid, and I preferred the sound of omni for some reason. Anything I put through this mic sounds insane, and I haven't added any eq or anything. I'm still not sure when to use each setting though, especially figure 8. I tried it with two singers, one on each side, and I don't see the point of doing that. Thanks again to everyone who helped me pick out the mic!

Figure of 8 can be a bit like omni recording the source and a bit of the room.
It is also helpful with the null sides of the figure of 8 pattern to block with the microphones pattern say -- another guitar to the side of the one your recording at the same time.

Glad to hear that your loven' your new microphone. Now that the bug has bitten you you'll have to start expanding your microphone locker!

Besides your ears, the pop can also hurt the drivers in your monitors--always a good idea to turn things down before plugging or switching.

Back