Buying a good condenser for the studio

The problem is that even when I reach out to people and offer recording for free, they do not ask me to send some of my work for them to see my capabilities, but they ask what gear do I have.

I can't just record my project and having myself playing all the tracks.

You've been talking to the wrong people...

Talk about music. Not gear. The answer to a question like that, is "A little bit of everything. It depends on the music what I use". You need passion, not dollars.

Don't offer it for free, tell them you believe in them and that you'll give them a special price. Free sounds cheap. People want to feel special. Even when that special price is double of the normal price.

These days, marketing a studio is very hard. I don't know where I've read it, could be here, but the modern producer does everything, from writing the song, finding the musicians, recording, mixing, mastering, to peddling to the music company. It's a one-man-with-his-laptop thing. He might just hire a studio space. And while he's at it, today's producer also takes all the rights to everything. Nothing you can do about it.

The only way around it, is by getting to know the songwriters and the musicians. Once they know you, they just might choose to work with you. They'll never choose your gear.

You've been talking to the wrong people...

Talk about music. Not gear. The answer to a question like that, is "A little bit of everything. It depends on the music what I use". You need passion, not dollars.

Don't offer it for free, tell them you believe in them and that you'll give them a special price. Free sounds cheap. People want to feel special. Even when that special price is double of the normal price.

These days, marketing a studio is very hard. I don't know where I've read it, could be here, but the modern producer does everything, from writing the song, finding the musicians, recording, mixing, mastering, to peddling to the music company. It's a one-man-with-his-laptop thing. He might just hire a studio space. And while he's at it, today's producer also takes all the rights to everything. Nothing you can do about it.

The only way around it, is by getting to know the songwriters and the musicians. Once they know you, they just might choose to work with you. They'll never choose your gear.

I'll give it a try!

i would suggest getting hold of Dan VanAmerongon at Sweetwater.com tell him what you are striving for... you can e-mail him at sweetwater as well he is a classicaly trained vocalist as well as very well versed in pro-tools and other DAW's they also have a great selection of pro level mics at great prices AKG, Neumann, BLUE, Shure, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Mojave ...the list goes on
:listeningmusic:

Last edited:
Back