brent averill 1073 compared to neve 1073

i use neve 1073's at the studio i am employed at(and couldnt live without them) and i am seriously considering throwing down the $4,500 for a pair of averill 1073's for my home studio. can anyone make a comparison of the 2 that have used them both? i wonder how close they sound. is the design EXACTLY the same? any info would be great.

Try to post it on tech-talk forum. I am sure there are some guys there who know those from inside out.

disclaimer i never used any of these this is hear say from knowledgeable folks on the net:

The BA 1073's are supposedly one the best(if not the best) 1073 clone out.

But you should also know that Neve 1073's themselves don't sound alike so they may not sound exactly like the neve's you have at the studio.

either way if you don't like the BA's you can return'em...also you may want to wait a little bit because NEVE is supposed to be reissuing the 1073's and others...

Teacher said:
disclaimer i never used any of these this is hear say from knowledgeable folks on the net:

The BA 1073's are supposedly one the best(if not the best) 1073 clone out.

But you should also know that Neve 1073's themselves don't sound alike so they may not sound exactly like the neve's you have at the studio.

either way if you don't like the BA's you can return'em...also you may want to wait a little bit because NEVE is supposed to be reissuing the 1073's and others...

neve re-issuing them? wow! i bet they will cost a small fortune.

thanks for that link!!

yea,vintage king is right down the street from our studio. we rent things from them all the time.
wow! look at that 1073 price!

Back