Blue Microphones: Spark or Bluebird

mmhh... This is true. I just watched a video of comparing an SM57 to a bluebird with acoustic guitar and personally I couldn't tell the difference. That makes me wonder how much money I would need to actual spend to get a better quality on acoustic guitar than my SM57.

Are you talking about the cowcar music video? Man, there is a lot of difference between both. Im in a similar position as you are and what I've seen is that the most important (and perhaps most difficult) part of recording is your hearing capabilities. Im a begginer at this, so at this moment my hearing capabilities are really poor, I cant tell when a mic sounds good until I hear it compared to other

That being said, In this A/B shootout I was able to notice a big difference between sm57 and the bluebird. As people have mentioned, the bluebird has scooped mids, and the sm had strong mids, which adds to the presence of the distorted guitar sound.

I prefer the blueblird over the shure in this video, it may not be the best suited mic for the trash metal stuff the guy is playing in the video, but I can imagine a lot of musical aplications, incluiding acoustic guitar.

Just to talk a bit more about the 57 -- In the live arena -- I for years had used a 57 in front of guitar amps because ~ that's what you did, that's what everyone did for there was very little else to use.

Then came the day that Sennheiser introduced the e609 so I thought that I would give it a try. Picked up a few and away I went.
I was astonished with the difference the e609 made, it was as if a blanket was lifted off of the guitar reproduction.

Now that was/is live work in the studio I much prefer to use a ribbon microphone to capture the amplified guitar production.

Are you talking about the cowcar music video? Man, there is a lot of difference between both. Im in a similar position as you are and what I've seen is that the most important (and perhaps most difficult) part of recording is your hearing capabilities. Im a begginer at this, so at this moment my hearing capabilities are really poor, I cant tell when a mic sounds good until I hear it compared to other

That being said, In this A/B shootout I was able to notice a big difference between sm57 and the bluebird. As people have mentioned, the bluebird has scooped mids, and the sm had strong mids, which adds to the presence of the distorted guitar sound.

I prefer the blueblird over the shure in this video, it may not be the best suited mic for the trash metal stuff the guy is playing in the video, but I can imagine a lot of musical aplications, incluiding acoustic guitar.

I can definitely say my ear isn't trained yet, so I'm sure there is a difference in quality :) Say I where to use a mic purely for recording acoustic guitar, do you think the Bluebird would do the job?

And moresound, now you've got me interusted in the e609 for my electric :D

I can definitely say my ear isn't trained yet, so I'm sure there is a difference in quality :) Say I where to use a mic purely for recording acoustic guitar, do you think the Bluebird would do the job?

My ear isnt trained either, but Im trying to do so by listening to as much mic demos as I can and paying lots of attention to music

I havent used the bluebird, but from what I can hear in demos bluebird will be better for instruments, specialy acoustic guitar.

Buy either and let me know your opinion on the mic once you try it :D

My ear isnt trained either, but Im trying to do so by listening to as much mic demos as I can and paying lots of attention to music

I havent used the bluebird, but from what I can hear in demos bluebird will be better for instruments, specialy acoustic guitar.

Buy either and let me know your opinion on the mic once you try it :D

Back