Best microphone to record the Super Bowl???

Beezoboy

Home Recording Guru
Just for fun I'll go with the ECM8000's because they are omni and will pick up crowd noise very well. And if you are too drunk and accidentally step on 2 of them, you are still out less than the cost of a your ticket. Although I suppose a shotgun mic would probably be better.

What do you think??

Robby

Naw, My 4yr old has this nice little portable recording studio. Cassette tape, little mic that has some springs built into it for reverb, big, easy to push buttons for record and play-back. I think that'd be the way to go.
Single track, mic, mic pre, effects unit all in one, and the whole thing can't weigh much more than a pound!

seriously, id tape it on VCR to get clean audio and then record with the ecm8000's for the room noise and blend them......

Aw, c'mon, Gidge! I'd for sure take advantage of the omni ECM8000. If you place it just right you'll get all of it- the game, the sound of beer cans opening, potato chip bags rustling, and the women complaining in the other room.

Its the whole experience that matters, you see. :D

yeah, but when your drunk ass best friend Bubba stirs the bean dip with one, youll be glad to have the backup.....

remember fellas, in the world of live recording, you get one chance...there are no overdubs......

I suppose your right, Gidge. Running direct out from the VCR will give the highest fidelity. Beside's there will always be opportunities later to capture good complaints from the women to use as overdubs.

:D

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Gidge
http://www.kbtoys.com/toys/product....1038415&ls=toys

sweet....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be even sweeter if you could get them to throw in the expansion module..er umm, tape.

------------------------------------

Dude,

That is what i have been using to record all of my stuff at home. I hook mine up with a Triphazer.

Fangar

Back