* Best Condenser Under $50 *

diablo74

Im in Search of a good Condenser microphone under 50 dollars for acoustic
instruments. I have a few in mind but would appreciate any suggestions.
-
- Thanks -
-

:cool:

diablo74 said:
Im in Search of a good Condenser microphone under 50 dollars for acoustic
instruments. I have a few in mind but would appreciate any suggestions.
-
- Thanks -
-

:cool:
Audio Technica AT829cW

Under $50? Maybe a homemade mic. There's a thread around here somewhere about building your own condensor.

Wow, I just did a froogle search and was astounded at the number of condensers available under $50. Most are lapel mics and such, but there are some cheap SDCs and LDCs in this pricerange. I'll bet most of them sound like ass, though. They are from some of our greatest manufacturers: :rolleyes:

Nady CM-90
Nady CM-88
Nady SCM-800
Behringer C1
Audio Technica ATR-55
Sony ECM-DS70P
Stageworks CC12
MCA SP1

If I had to pick one for recording guitar, I'd probably go with that Sony stereo electret. I certainly hope this poster is kidding, though. :D

Ok so the best Condenser Microphone's under $50 are:

1. Audio Technica AT829cW

2. Nady CM-88 Condenser Microphone

And the worst:

1. Homemade

2. Neumann TLM 127 Set Z Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

Don't forget the Behringer ECM8000 or the MXL 990. Ah hell, the 990 is 60 bucks. But it does come with a sexy shockmount.

Alexi said:
i second the behringer ecm 8000

Oh yeah, I have a couple of those. Not too shabby. Spiffy on nylon string, though I haven't found much other use for them yet.

AT829cW

diablo74 said:
Ok so the best Condenser Microphone's under $50 are:

1. Audio Technica AT829cW

2. Nady CM-88 Condenser Microphone

And the worst:

1. Homemade

2. Neumann TLM 127 Set Z Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

I got one of those audio technica mics in a job lot of cables, its the best minidisk mic i've heard - much better than my sony one albeit in mono.

Sloan: Repeating "Stupid Motherf***ers" for a chorus is a moment of pure musical hilarity, I love it. If I could up your Rep Power I would do so based purely on that chorus.

HeyHeyMyMy said:
Sloan: Repeating "Stupid Motherf***ers" for a chorus is a moment of pure musical hilarity, I love it. If I could up your Rep Power I would do so based purely on that chorus.

haha.
Once I got that chorus in my head, I had to make a song with it!

thanks. :)

BTW my homemade mic suggestion was not a joke. I think DigitalSmigital was implying that your question was a joke!

I just dropped a Nady CM-88 to my cart at musiciansfriend to fill $199 and get free shipping :rolleyes: I hope theres some use of it..

Back