Behringer xm8500 vs sm58 vs sennheiser e935

Diverdown

Now dont you purist get all bent outa shape Im just stating observations and asking questions.
Im in a small 3 piece band and we all have our own dynamic mics for shows
and I did a comparison between the three above mentioned mics .
with identical gain settings etc I found that my Xm 8500 was the most responsive of the lot , it was better than the 58 ( itried several incase there was a bad mic ) and I found it equal to the sennheiser in all things except the sennheiser was "crisper"
Now we three have very different voices with mine being the strongest in the bunch and I was suprised that producing sufficeint db while singing dramaticly changes the sound of all the mics
I must say on less forcefull or quieter tunes the sennheiser was superior but the sm58 was absolutley no better than the behringer
So this all begs the question
How much is delivery and technique vs microphone quality assuming the responce curves are similar?

now be nice I know everyone loves to dump on behringer and im not promoting one or the other , My personal opinion is that technique and vocal ability and power are more important than high priced mics and that decent sound can be gotten from cheaper units
:):):)

Back