Behringer XM8500 on toms!

tenkas

I can get the XM8500 for like $15 (20 canadian) used.... does anyone ever tried it on toms? I need 2 tom mics and I tought that both of these mics could serve recording toms and recording vocols.

thx

Are you basing your opinion on the bad reputation of behringer or have you every tried the mic? I am not defending behringer but I would like to know what are your experience with this behringer mic for giving me that kind of opinion...

If the behringer sucks, what do you suggest for a not too expensive tom mic

I have no idea how it works on toms. It was my first mic and for 15,- it's not a bad mic to have. Now it's the least mic in my humble collection of 12 (I have other dynamics like e604's, 421's and a 441) but it's well built and a month ago I was glad I still had it lying around to serve as a talkback mic on location.

tenkas said:
If the behringer sucks, what do you suggest for a not too expensive tom mic

you can find SM57s used on ebay for 70 bucks... i've seen them cheaper. why not spend a few extra bucks now and get mics that you will NEVER get rid of? there is now way you can go wrong buying a few. theres also the MD421, a little more pricey, but most would say its more musical. and no i havent used that specific mic. but any mic that sells for 15 dollars probably is going to sound like 15 dollars. it still has its uses, like a talk back mic, like christian was saying.

Back