Avenson Audio?

andres

Anyone have experience with the Avenson Audio STO omni mics? There is one review on harmony-central and a little blurb by DOT in a post -- besides that, I can't find any more info on them.

Acoustic guitar? Room mic'ing?

Those used to be Stapes, I believe ... and yea, those things are supposed to smoke. They should sound a lot like the Earthworks and THE refernce-type mics. Ruler-flat response, and extremely natural and realistic reproduction of the sound source.

How well they work on a given source will likely depend entirely on the quality of the instrument and the room in which it is tracked (what comes in is what goes out). I know some guys who just love these things ... although I've never personally tried them.

Thanks Chessrock -- I think I had heard of the Stapes/Avenson connection, but has anyone on the boards actually used these things? I am really interested in recording solo acoustic guitar, hand percussion, and far mic'ing electric guitar -- so far one Oktava Mk319 isn't cutting it (good but not great, a little too muddy sometimes).

Back