Audio Technica AT2020 USB or Audio Technica AT2020 + Behringer Xenyx 302 USB?

Kacay

So I am looking in to getting a nice microphone to go with my gaming setup, I am pretty much 99% sure I want the AT2020, can not decide between getting a USB version, or getting the XLR version, and getting a cheap mixer board. I am new to audio world, and just got my Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Which one would be better? Is the Behringer Xenyx 302 USB a good, and cheap mixer board? Are there any better boards for around the same price?

I have a Asus Xonar DGX in my case, but I after doing research, I found out sound cards are pretty much useless... Rest of the specs:
i7 4770
Gigabyte GA-H87-UD3
8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
MSI TF R9 280X
CoolerMaster V550S
Corsair 300R case.

This is for gaming only? Any chance you would ever want to have more than one microphone working at the same time? If so, then a USB mic is not the choice.

Any recommendations for a dynamic microphone? I am going to be using it for Skype right now, but my friends and I are planning a bigger YouTube project, so wanted a good mic for that.

Google Audio Technica ATR2100 USB and also search Youtube for demos of the same. I don't have one, but for about $50 it seems fairly popular.

Hmm, I don't like the look of the ATR2100 that much... What do you think of the Blue Snowball, or the Audio Technia ATR2500 USB? I was also considering the Samson Go Mic, but I would have to mod it and find a better stand for it. I really like the -10dB feature in microphone, as well as the "only in front of the mic" option, I think it was "Cardoid"?

Back