ART VoiceChannel with mic

Shadowplay

Hi

I have, at the moment, in my analogue studio working together with midi, an ART VoiceChannel preamp/ compressor icm with a behringen B2 mic.

However i am looking to improve the quality of my voice recordings and am looking for a vintage sound so that i can choose an "in your face" sound, a tube sound and a clean sound.
I was contemplating on purchasing the lewitt lct 940 with the extra preamp tube and FET options, however, i am not sure if they would be compatible (phantom power) and if i would get the sound i am looking for. In additon perhaps the ART voice channel would become obsolete in which case which would then be the best option?
Or should i perhaps purchase a different mic so that i am still able to use the ART and get the same sound that i am looking for?

Thanks for any suggestions or advice

In Australia the lewitt lct 940 is around $2,000, compared to the B2 which is around $250. That's a big price jump you are looking at.

You can switch phantom on and off the ART, so there's no problem there.

hi gecko zzed
Thanks for your reply. i know there is a big jump between the 2 and it is something i only want to buy if it gives the results i am looking for.
I am looking to record all types of singing for pop/rock songs for different projects and would like the possibility to change the sound according to the voice without too much fuss and bother.
You mention that the phantom can be switched off on the ART ... would it be a problem if the phantom was switched on by mistake and the lewitt was connected?

Back