Apex 210 Shockmount

greenskyken

I've recently purchased a 210, and while I've only had it tied into my board a couple of times, have noticed its propensity for picking up any kind of noise on or near the stand...There is supposed to be an internal isolated mount....Mine appears to be broken, or the batteries have run out...

I saw a post, from a few years back, re the Samson SP01, and just purchased one.

The basket is a bit larger than the mic, and I was wondering what others have done to:

A) Attach the mic to the mount...(The Samson mics attach using a threaded collar)
B) Fill in the space between the basket and the mic

I'd considered using the mounting studs, from the factory mount. Padding the base with fabric, and using a bungee type cord to attach the mic....Secure, yet easily removed for storage.

Do you have a similar setup, and if so, what have you done?

Oh I see what your talking about.

Don't think that is going to happen.
You just have to be careful while recording with a ribbon.
What is it that your picking up that you don't want?

Haven't built it yet.....

A couple of pieces of bungee cable, like that used for camping tents, with eyelets crimped to each end.

One eyelet would be secured to one of the mounting studs, using the factory thumbscrew. The bungee would then go around the base of the floating basket, and back up to the other post...again secured using the thumbscrew.

Looking for simple and quick to allow easy mounting/unmounting of the mic. I'm sure someone has done this already, and has a good solution.

i'm not sure im following this.
is it a shockmount problem or an internal shockmount problem
if its a shockmount question what i did is remove the factory bracket and put it in a std 2" shockmount.
its a bit of a stretch but it gets rid of a lot of unwanted noise.

i'm not sure im following this.
is it a shockmount problem or an internal shockmount problem
if its a shockmount question what i did is remove the factory bracket and put it in a std 2" shockmount.
its a bit of a stretch but it gets rid of a lot of unwanted noise.

"Stoke me a Clipper, I'll be back for Christmas!" :D

All,

I've decided to do just what I had outlined earlier.

I've cut some felt to make a liner for the basket, which fills in the gap between the basket and the mic.

I've also purchased some .125" shock cord, and have made up two lengths, which will be crimped to two stake-on connectors. These will be threaded through the basket, and then mounted to the mic using the existing studs.

I've looked at a few options, and this seems to be the most secure, yet simplest and quickest to engage/disengage.

Thanks...

Back