Anyone know what capsule this is?

nddhc

It was included in one of the boxes when I bought my Oktava MC012s a year ago. I kind of forgot about it and assumed it was for the "Russian" oktavas.

Since its been sitting unused for the past year I thought id try selling it in the classifieds, then someone informed me that it doesnt even look like an oktava capsule.

Any ideas? Maybe instead of selling it I can just buy one of the mics it belongs to :D and give me some more options

Thanks!
Cap11.jpg
Cap22.jpg

nddhc said:
It was included in one of the boxes when I bought my Oktava MC012s a year ago. I kind of forgot about it and assumed it was for the "Russian" oktavas.

Since its been sitting unused for the past year I thought id try selling it in the classifieds, then someone informed me that it doesnt even look like an oktava capsule.

Does it work with the Oktava? It might be an aftermarket capsule of some sort. It definitely isn't the Oktava omni, as all the MK-012 capsules look like upside-down tophats.

Nope - the capsule is slightly bigger than what would fit on the Oktavas so it doesnt work with them.

I called guitar center and told them about, its been over a year and it didnt seem like they cared much either way. I would bring it there but I figure you guys know way more than their sales people anyway.

timboZ - Im just trying to figure out what mic its actually used for, since it doesnt work with the oktavas

to me it looks too big for oktavas (as mentioned) or even too big for neumanns, but could be wrong.

what else is there??

LoL, I'm just waiting for someone to answer this so I can learn about it too. No idea personally... doesn't look like AKG coloring (mostly their good stuff is dark), but you never know (well c-1000 coloring maybe but it's not one of them obviously), it's not an mxl is it? I have apex 180s that it doesn't look like exactly either (180s are smaller too) although VERY similar design otherwise. It might actually be something good, not the cheap stuff I'm listing here. Something like THE or a company like that (there's a mic company called THE isn't there? or am I on drugs? They make great mics and I think a larger SDC...). but if it's too big for oktavas then it'll be big, oktavas are already pretty wide for SDC IMHO.

Cheers,
Don

Ive tried looking online too - it kind of looks like it could be a CAD GXL1200 capsule, can anyone confirm this?

oh, such a tragic end to such an exciting thread!

berry mics... huh, well, they're made in the same factory as apex mics and mxl mics and samson mics, so they DO make some good mics. The best of the berry LDC mics is actually IMHO a very good vocal microphone, better dare I say than most of the mxls other than 69, 67 and the other variations that are exactly the same as the 69 and 67 LoL. But the cheaper berry mics (like the berry B1) don't sound good at all from the very little I've tried of them in the store.

The pencils look good, if that's any consolation... :-)

Cheers,
Don

Never mind...not and MXL...the MXL omni's in my bag o tricks doesn't have the slotted top side.

Looks just like one of my CAD 1200. But mine has no red marks on it. Mine also don't have the O on the side. The pin pattern looks the same also. May be an older model ect. The grilling look identical.

Back