Anyone else looking forward to the Studio Projects B1?

toorglick

I've been lurking for a while, but I just pre-ordered a Studio Projects B1 and I'm rather excited about it. I had been looking for an inexpensive solution for my humble home studio and nearly bought a Marshall MXL V67 or V63, but I really like what I've read at the Studio Projects site and I like the reputation the C series has. Mr. Hyatt was quick with a response today to my question about availability and that pretty much settled it for me.

Besides the Studio Projects site, there has been little info about these things, so I'm curious to know if anyone has tried these and what your thoughts are. Mr. Hyatt, if you could provide some personal thoughts on the mic, that'd be cool, too. I rarely buy something that is new to the market (been there with a '97 Chevy Malibu, boy was I a FOOL), however I'm cautiously optimisitic about this one.

I forgot to mention that I will be putting this "up against" a Rode NT1.

i pre-ordered and bought a hover craft proto-type in 1984....

looks like a yugo with wings...

boy!! whatta babe-magnet it was promised to be!!

now just where the hell is the fuel for this thing!!!?

they promised me that it was the "next big thing" and i've been sitting in it, in my garage, for 17 years!!!

now i got my credit card in hand for 100 of those ART MP's and SP B1's!!!

there's gold in them thar hills!!!!
:D

turdlick,

Mr. Hyatt is a very nice gentleman and very knowledgable but he is hardly the person to ask for opinions on the B1 as he has direct financial gain from its sales.......

I dont even think the mic is out yet, so you wont see too much posted about it....id hardly buy a mic before hearing it...but if i did, it would probably be a Studio Projects or Marshall.....i wouldnt bet money, but i think its highly likely the B1 will sound as good or better than the NT1......

the mxlv67M at $99 even sounds better than the NT1.....

and since you seem to be a little on the gullible side, beware of a blue bear trying to sell you a duck.....

Maybe Im just over-sensitive...

Why does this sound like Studio Projects Spam.... Is this the way they get a bit of action circling a new product, so everyone is talking about it and curious?

If it is... I say congrats... cause it's working ;)...

Within a week it'll be the hot mic here in the mic forum :rolleyes:

I just watched "Conspiracy Theory" last night with Mel Gibson.... So, as I say, maybe it's not a big spam conspiracy, and maybe im just over sensitive...

ametth,

Pretty much anyone who orders through a catalog or online who doesn't have the opportunity to test drive an item at the store is taking a gamble in the same manner. And, as pertaining to whether I can hear it in my studio first or not before I buy, I warrant there are few stores that allow one to take a mic home to test out in their studios before you buy. Of course, that's the case in my area, perhaps I live in some freak zone though and everyone else nationwide has such opportunities.

For the rest of you, this is a mighty fine way to welcome someone to the board. Thanks! Didn't mean to upset your clique, girls, you can un-bunch your panties any time you like.

Sludge, I know reading is difficult and all, but perhaps if you were to re-read my initial post, using a dictionary if you have to, you'll realize that I am fully aware the mic is not available and that Mr. Hyatt is indeed a salesman. Don't assume my ignorance based on your own: there are folk who can put a saleman's opinion in its proper place, especially depending on who the salesman is. At the very least Mr. Hyatt doesn't seem like the asses you and CDT-sHaG seem to be.

Ok, turdlick...... i got my dickshunery out.....

you asked if "anyone had tried these and what your thoughts are".....how could ANYONE know what these sound like?.....all you said was that you pre-ordered and you never specified you knew that they werent available yet......

and besides calling you turdlick and gullible, my post was pretty nice....me and my panties are offended.......

VOX - this thread reaks of SPAM......

Moderator, pleeze move this thread to the Alan Hyatt is God Forum......

Toorglick,

Uh . . . I was going to say something in your defense, but I forgot what I was going to say.

I'll let you know what it was as soon as I can think of it.

Nearly all of the mics I buy are without hearing it. I live a days drive from anywhere that stocks studio mics. I am waiting till I here some independant reviews of the B1 before I order one or two. I currently have a C1 which I bought from what I have read online and I have not been disapointed, the C1 is a great mic.

I'm hoping the B1's will be of similar quality and suitable for micing gutiar amps and to use as overheads.

im in the same boat as far as testing out mics...hell, they usually have to order the one you want and they skin your ass on the price if you deal with a music store.

there is a music store about an hour from here and they handle studio projects C series of mics. I'll have to admit, their price was right there with the online prices. This was last week, and heres the kicker, they said they are a dealer of studio projects brand and they never even heard of the B series of mics. when i told them the aproximate retail prices they were really interested. morrison bros is a high profile store in mississippi.

Man Alan...you need to get the word out to your stores!

morrison bros music
jackson ms

Come on guys...yeah it sounds like spam, I have to agree, but I really doubt it is. I dunno...have RE or Dragon check the IP against those that Alan Hyatt's posts have originated from. Honestly I would like to catch Alan in the act but don't think that's his angle. He gets enough publicity from his own posts. ;)

CDT-sHaG said:
i pre-ordered and bought a hover craft proto-type in 1984....

looks like a yugo with wings...

boy!! whatta babe-magnet it was promised to be!!

now just where the hell is the fuel for this thing!!!?

they promised me that it was the "next big thing" and i've been sitting in it, in my garage, for 17 years!!!

now i got my credit card in hand for 100 of those ART MP's and SP B1's!!!

Cool! I want one!

Dolemite,

Give me a break! You ought to know me better than that. I don't do that, and you all know I have lightened up big time, so check away anytime you choose...:confused:

jimistone,

When you’re not in GC, MARS, and Sam Ash, the word takes much longer. All I can do is blame my Rep. The Rep is Quest Marketing and they have several offices in the South, so we need to beat them up, but thanks for heads up. :cool:

c7sus,

(Big NY accent) How ya Doin? Hope your well, and I look forward to your always witty comments. Glad your back :D

Garak,

I hope we live up to your expectations. We worked hard to do so on the B Series, so I am sure you will let us know. ;)

Gidge,

God huh? I didn't realize you though of me so highly :rolleyes:

Voxvendor,

You are oversensitive :D

Ametth

toorglick

Welcome to the boards...this one is always a rough start. Thanks for the support, and the mics are on the way. UPS takes a few days to reach the east coast, so maybe Thursday or Friday they should be at all the dealers that ordered them, and they will work back to the Midwest, and West Coast as well.

I do let people know my opinions, as they are mine and they are just as valid as everyone else, no matter if I gain or not. Truth be told, they are probably more valid based on my experience and countless years of engineering for high profile clients. It is always up to the one listening to make the decision, and I thank you for pointing that out to the others. :D :D

To all of you...I hope you will like the B Series. If not, I am sure I will hear about it. They are very inexpensive and I make no comparisons on them to the C Series. The C Series is still a special microphone to me. I do think the B Series are exceptional for the money and I hope in time you will feel the same way. Quality and performance is getting better and less expensive all the time. This is not the case will all brands, so you need to do the homework, but I put my all into these mics...good, bad or indifferent, so for those of you who buy them, I hope you will enjoy them. You don't have much to loose if you don't, but you have much more to gain if you do. :)

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

alanhyatt said:
Dolemite,

Give me a break! You ought to know me better than that. I don't do that, and you all know I have lightened up big time, so check away anytime you choose...:confused:

Dude...I thought I was defending you... ;)

Read it again, I'm sure I don't need any more forum members out for my blood:

Come on guys...yeah it sounds like spam, I have to agree, but I really doubt it is. I dunno...have RE or Dragon check the IP against those that Alan Hyatt's posts have originated from. Honestly I would like to catch Alan in the act but don't think that's his angle. He gets enough publicity from his own posts. ;)

I guess I should surround about 90% of what I post with [sarcasm] tags. I was serious about the IP thing, though...since these guys are always accusing you of spamming, at least this is one way to at least prove you're not dumb enough to use the same computer to do it. Call it semi-vindication. ;)

Dolemite said:

Dude...I thought I was defending you... ;)

Read it again, I'm sure I don't need any more forum members out for my blood:

I guess I should surround about 90% of what I post with [sarcasm] tags. I was serious about the IP thing, though...since these guys are always accusing you of spamming, at least this is one way to at least prove you're not dumb enough to use the same computer to do it. Call it semi-vindication. ;)

Dolmite,

I did not take it as sarcastic. My response was more of a joke than anything...I was just messin with you and thought you would see my humor...no worries dude, were cool.

Bye the way, if you can check out the IP, it is total vindication for me!!!! Next time I will add the :D at the end. I know you know me by now, and I know you were defending me... :D :D :D

ALan Hyatt

Spam indeed. What a bunch of old women you are. And a bunch of hypocrites. Some of you have thousands of posts and you mean to say among none of those I wouldn't be able to find at least a few dozen of you gushing about your new purchase? Why bother my thread with your on-going internet drama; playing to each others' primal male emotional and egotistical needs like a bunch of ancient Greeks in a bath-house? I don't mind the bitching if you've read one too many posts about SP products, but accusations of spam to boot? Go find a bingo parlor somewhere, you'd be much more happy.

Back