Annoying Royer 121 noise around 10K

Mroslav.

Hello,

Im having a problem recording my guitar because of annoying rattling around 10K (mp3 attached).
Do you know if the mic is broken or its something else?

Regards,
Miroslav

Attachments

• royer_problem.mp3
    395.8 KB · Views: 7
I'd offer- having listened rather than trying to tell if or which part of a distorted source sample is the source or the 'broken part, just ask 'what does it do on a clean source?
Or perhaps more to the point... If a ribbon is distorting it's likely saw an air movement event and it's blown.
I haven't trashed a Royer yet, but I hear they're good guys guys about it.
Had it happen to one of my Cascades -but it was way obvious.

edit to add-- this almost sounds like/could pass for digi/clock errors problems..?

Last edited:
I recorded a loud guitar cab once and posed a pic here to show the setup for the how to mic a cab topic, I got a bit of flack about placing a pop shield (vocal type) in front of the ribbon to stop it getting bursts of air and distorting the ribbon, it works.

Alan.

100_4531.JPG

I recorded a loud guitar cab once and posed a pic here to show the setup for the how to mic a cab topic, I got a bit of flack about placing a pop shield (vocal type) in front of the ribbon to stop it getting bursts of air and distorting the ribbon, it works.

Alan.

View attachment 104064

Yeah, they can be pretty safe up on a cab -unless something silly' happens ..Oh like letting it 'pop good plugging in or out with the amp up.. :rolleyes:

My first ribbon indoctrination was the 121- says re air movement' for example, 'keeping the cover on walking it across the room..' Ok. 'Get the picture?'
For a grand$, damn right I do :>)

Back