About the pop screen

Dark Light923

So the microphone I am most probably going to order is the lewitt lct 540. I would like to ask, I heard about A pop screen (aka pop filter)that goes in front of the microphone. Will that be compatible with this microphone? Does this pop screen go with any microphone? Thank you!

A pop screen stands separate from the microphone, so any pop screen should be compatible with any mic.

The point of the pop screen primarily being that any sudden bursts of air (such as "p" sounds) move the screen instead of the mic.

It is a very precise fit with the Lewitt. I have to jiggle it a bit before the magnets click into place. I would call it the least universal pop filter.

Hah! Well that sounds like some intentionally incompatible shenanigans then!

The Lewitt system is not unlike the Rode pop screen with the NT1 kit, in that it's designed to be used with their microphone, not as a universal screen. Different approach, of course, but same result.

The Rode screen seems to be rather nice, and works well.

I'm always leery of pop filters that are right next to the front. Lewitt's is directly in front of the microphone (like maybe 3/8"). I don't talk directly into it, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Back