About a microphone

Dark Light923

I was going to buy the lewitt 540 model but the shop told me I would need to wait 3 months for it to arrive. So now, my best option is the lc t441.
But I was told that the 540 has a low cut and pad option. Budget is not a problem but I cannot wait 3 months. Does the 441 have the low cut and pad option?
Also, would I have to buy a pop screen separately for the microphone? I know the 540 has a pop screen that comes along with it.
thank you all.

With the worldwide cover issue and loss of business, I'd be wondering why a shop recommending quite unusual microphones can't get one for three months. Here in the UK, I've got three people I deal with who have stock? Very odd!

Hi, I contacted the official website of lewitt, and asked if they can send it to me. I cannot wait 3 months, that is too much time. How necessary is the low cut and pad option?

Hi, I contacted the official website of lewitt, and asked if they can send it to me. I cannot wait 3 months, that is too much time. How necessary is the low cut and pad option?
What is "necessary" depends on what you are recording and your environment.

I forget what you are recording, but I use the low-cut fairly often, and the pad only when recording live, and multi-pattern never, but I'm not a big experimenter, and I have a pretty small recording space, so cardioid has served me well. (I was thinking about putting the omni capsules in my SDC pair next time just to see what I get, but I suspect it will just be more pool pump, AC condenser and local hobby pilots' prop airplanes droning...)

P.S./Edit: You don't say where you are located but it must be somewhere the standard online places don't ship to?

Back