8th Street and SP B-1

billisa

Well I am very impressed with the folks at 8th Street Music and how quickly they rectified their "dot" mixup on my SP B-1's. Nice people, fast service...

I've had good experiences with them as well. Had tech. trouble with a sound module I bought - they called me a couple times to help with the situation. Prob. pick up a B1 myself from there!

What trouble did you have? Something about a dot mixup?

Warren

Is it possible NOT to have a colored dot on your B1 box? I've done all but rip appart the box looking for it, and as far as I can tell I don't have one.

How can I ever match mine up to another?

Is the sticker thing new? I've had my SP B1 for about a year.

Robertt8 said:
Is it possible NOT to have a colored dot on your B1 box? I've done all but rip appart the box looking for it, and as far as I can tell I don't have one.

Check out the long/front side of the box, at the upper left corner where it says B1. There should be a dot there (red/green/black). If not, then inside your owner's manual, where the serial number is printed, there is a dot. If it's not there, then call SP directly...

the dots...

warble said:
I've had good experiences with them as well. Had tech. trouble with a sound module I bought - they called me a couple times to help with the situation. Prob. pick up a B1 myself from there!

What trouble did you have? Something about a dot mixup?

Warren

SP B1 mikes have one of 3 dots (red/green/black) to help in matching sensitivity from one mike to the next. I got 2 different ones -- not the end of the world, but still, worth checking into and fixing.

Robertt8 said:

The older Studio Projects mic's were shipped before the color dot system was in place... but, if you got your B1 only about a year ago it should have came with a colored dot (look on the box and in your manual)... unless it was old stock.

Robertt8 said:

DJL is correct. The first shipments of B1's did not have the stickers.... If you want a mate, send it in and we will match it for you to the color code.. No charge of course.

Back