Yamaha S90

prof_woland

Does someone can tell me something about the S 90 (sounds and action of the keyboard)?
And what about use it also as a master key?

Now I've got an alesis Qs8...I think that tha yammy would be a big improvment to my sound!!

thanks

Yeah, the Yamaha absolutely rocks. My first impression when I saw one was man... this is one high quality piece of gear. I think I came in my pants when I started playing it it sounded so nice.

You wont regret buying one.

I'm buying an S90 tomorrow. I'll let you know!

Gunther ... any idea what price I should negotiate towards at Guitar Center? I know when I bought my guitar gear, I was able to get about $400 knocked off. Not sure what I should shoot for w/ the S90.

About 220,000 yen.

Well, $1900 seems to be the standard price, but a lot of places have ‘call for price’ which makes me think that there is some price agreement… and they are willing to discount it.

So what you have to do is guess at the dealers cost, add $100 or so and you have your price… My guess is that the magic number would be between $1600 and $1700. Call musicians friend and other dealers and see what the best price is, or better, call small dealers and see what they will do it for, they tend to go lower…. This is just so you know GC’s bottom price so you don’t look like a fool trying to get something for less than cost.

What I would do is this… I would walk into the guitar center and don’t even look at the keyboards, just go right to the counter and say you would like to buy an s-90 and an online dealer offered it to you for 1599… but before you buy it from him, you wanted to see if GC could come close to that price. The salesman will likely bend over backwards to nab such a big dollar sale. I am guessing that you can weasel anywhere from 1650 – 1750 depending on how good you are at this :)

Or somebody could be real nice and tell you that most dealer costs on this board are at about the $1400 mark.

Then, he would tell you to not only follow Gunther's advice, but tell them at $1649 they're throwing in the FC4 sustain pedal (great piano sustain pedal for the S90 and relatively inexpensive) and a pair of midi cables (and even a stand if your feeling up to it).

See, Yamaha currently has a price policy which doesn't allow manufacturers to advertise a price lower than their MAP pricing. You'll have to call anywhere that has a lower price.

So - you tell them you spoke with a joe whomever at whatever store, and tell them that your friend told you to go to (small mom and pop store) because they had much better service, and could give you a much better deal.

Now - this is just my 2 pentz, and worth exactly that.

-Muzakal

Back