xg Help

kclou98179

Hi, my understanding of midi I thought was ok. But this yamaha ds xg sound card has really got me stumped. It came on the mother board as a chip and like most third party hardware it has very little technical help. Yamaha doesn't support it and the computer manufacturer doesn't know enough about it.
Question 1.
Does the yamaha ds-xg sound card have yamaha sounds in the ram, rom whatever built into the card.
Question 2.
If it does how do we access those sounds.
Question 3.
Can we take sounds that are in other keyboards and use them with out loading them to the keyboard, sound card, ect...
Question 4.
Right now I am able to perform and track in gen midi sounds. how do I create and use sounds that are original like I used to on my old ensoniq sq2.
Question 5.
Is there possibly an emulator that could act as many different keyboards and store there sound roms. so I could play any keyboards sounds I want virtually.
Question 6.
If assuming that ther is no area on my sound card or in my keyboard to store sounds how do we create that emulation through software. Or do I have to break down and buy more stuff.

I know this posting was rather lengthy so thank you for reading it. And any input to any of the questions is greatly appreciated.

Back