What Synth do you recommend?

Gospelkeys

Hi. I have always been a keyboardist.. not really understood the whole sequencing/mixing/recording... Now, i'm trying to get started with recording at home.. I just bought Motif8 and i have a couple of vocal mics, a Mackie mixer and a Midiverb4 Processor and JBL powered speaker... (I dont know why i bought those.... i think someone just recommend them...I was only 16!!)

as far as SYNTH is concerned... which other keyboard do I need other than motif8? Like light weighted keyboard? My style is GOSPEL/Latin/Funk and i want to venture out on sounds like organs/horns/wulitzer/rhodes/and flat out FUNKY sounds.. (have you ever seen Emeril Live on food network? You know the sound that the black keyboard player uses a lot.. on the top keyboard and the bottom...I'm looking for those type of sounds...) I know Motif should have those sounds..but dont i need at least one other keyboard to put on the top tier so i can play simutaneously? can someone recommend synth with those type of sounds please?

thanks a lot!

Gospelkeys said:
Hi. I have always been a keyboardist.. not really understood the whole sequencing/mixing/recording... Now, i'm trying to get started with recording at home.. I just bought Motif8 and i have a couple of vocal mics, a Mackie mixer and a Midiverb4 Processor and JBL powered speaker... (I dont know why i bought those.... i think someone just recommend them...I was only 16!!)

as far as SYNTH is concerned... which other keyboard do I need other than motif8? Like light weighted keyboard? My style is GOSPEL/Latin/Funk and i want to venture out on sounds like organs/horns/wulitzer/rhodes/and flat out FUNKY sounds.. (have you ever seen Emeril Live on food network? You know the sound that the black keyboard player uses a lot.. on the top keyboard and the bottom...I'm looking for those type of sounds...) I know Motif should have those sounds..but dont i need at least one other keyboard to put on the top tier so i can play simutaneously? can someone recommend synth with those type of sounds please?

thanks a lot!

Well for home recording I would say the Motif8 should be enough, but it also depends on your needs.

Also, I would highly recomend going to http://www.motifator.com and go to the "MOTIFORUM" lots of info and help there.

Get the "Get Motifated!" DVD a video manual for the Motif. You have a kickass workstation in your hands, be sure to learn what all this machine can do before you spend anymore money. :)

Back