USB MIDI Adaptor, sound module

Incognito

Hi, I just brought a USB/MIDI adoptor to hook up with my JV1080,(Similar to this one)

I connected both in / out to the jv and the usb to my Toshiba S... I do hear the "pop" when I plug the usb to the computer, the device seems to not be recognized.. any solution? USB "midi' led flashes but not the in/out which I conclude make it not recognizeable to the computer..
Thanks

You haven't told us which adapter you're using or, for that matter, which operating system you're using, whether you have a PC or MAC. I therefore feel justified in asking this: did you install the driver for the adapter? Check the manufacturer's website and see whether there is a driver for it.

Did you connect the in plug to out and the out plug to in on the back of the JV1080?

If not, you need to.

Is Midi Out enabled on the keyboard if there is the option?

Last edited:
I'm using a TOSHIBA S with windows 7 64 bit, the cable is from REDLINK, it a plug and play.

I did connect both in and out on the sound module

I've done this, small change now.. I enabled a device on the sound section, the midi out it flashing but on my jv1080 it is written midi communication error

My computer is in french, here's the device I enabled;

3343h2w.png

So Basically what I did when I went to midi-ox I defined both input and ouput on the usb device... I plugged the usb/midi cable and I had a brief message on the jv1080 saying "midi communication error " but on the little remote, the MIDI out led was flashing so somehow It is indeed working but something is wrong..

What are you trying to send the MIDI signal to in your computer? - it looks like you are in your Windows Sound devices, assume you want to send the MIDI to a DAW track or virtual instrument?

Back