Synth with drawbars???

Jamesie

Hi everyone!!! I wanted to know if anyone knows of a keyboard that has organ facilities - drawbars - not virtual, as well as being a synthesizer? Such as the roland VR-760.

Thank-you

Jamesie

All of the digital hammonds have drawbars. So do most(all?) higher end clonewheels. Korg CX3 etc.

Native instruments sells a physcial drawbar controller for use with its B4 VSTI. It could probably be made to work with "virtual" drawbars if that's your game.

Kurzweil K2600 has what they call a KB3 mode (Kurzweil's emulation of the B3). It's got 8 sliders and the Mod wheel is used as a 9th "drawbar". I don't really use this mode on mine as I never use organ sounds in my music, but the consensus among the players that use it is that it's a pretty good emulation.

just wanna give a rollicking endorsement for the korg cx-3.

The problem you're going to run into, is having a great organ sound, and being a synth. You might be better off getting a midi controller that has keys you love, and going rackmount on everything else, then adding one of the edirol uc, things which has nobs and nine sliders with a drawbar mode, or the m-audio 88 key behmouth controller with drawbars.

But for great b3 and extensive post b3 sounds, the cx-3 is one of the most musical out there, it's just inspiring to play.

HUGE fan of the nord electro 2 over here.. i've been playing it for a few years now and i couldn't imagine a better B3 emulation.. i've played the xk3 (and the cx3, is that right? i forget..) and they don't compare IMO. the rhodes/wurlitzer samples on the electro are also very useable live; for recording, of course, i prefer my MK1-88 Rhodes, but at 200lbs it doesn't see a lot of gigs.

Hate to revive an old thread, but we were trying to incorporate the wonderful sound of our Hammond M2 into our live set, so we'd need a portable version, what are some options along those lines. It sounds like the cx3 is a favourite around here.

Back