Some advice on buying suitable keyboards...

Concrete_Lake

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some help. I've been a piano player for many years and am now switching from guitars to keys in my band. I've been doing some research for a while on which keyboards will best fit my needs. At this stage, price isn't important to me- within reason, but I plan to continue saving until I can afford my perfect setup.

The most important sounds for me, in order, are:

Mellotron (in particular- some nice strings and choirs, flute etc)
Piano
Rhodes
Hammond (with decent leslie simulation)
Some nice pads

The piano and Mellotron are about the same priority. I know I probably won't be able to get these all in one keyboard, but if someone could recommend a good keyboard with lots of mellotrons (or that has expansions that include mellotrons) and (or another keyboard) with decent pianos (I'm pretty fussy!) I'd very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

:DYo Cement Shoes in the Lake: [Tough to swim in those.]

Tell YA WHAT TO DO.

Give a call to Full Compass.

Give a call to Sweetwater Sound.

Talk to a sales engineer and tell him/her what you want. They will advise you what they can do to satisfy you needs, mello or jello.

The calls are all free 800 numbers. You can also call any other major vendor you find on the net.

You can also GOOGLE the type of keyboard you want; however, you will get a better answer and price fit from a sales rep.

SWEETWATER sound is on a crusade to make customers happy; thus, you might call them first.

I'm sure you'll find something that will work.

Green Hornet:rolleyes:

Agreed

Kurzweil, hands down.

If you don't want to wait on the new Kurzweil, then get the Kurzweil K2600XS.

The K2600XS costs more, and I forget why.

Nevertheless, the K2600XS has all your wish list down, better than the competition, for numerous reasons.

UPDATE: I just read the thread on the PC3 from the Kurzweil R&D. Amazing. I'm sure the MSRP is going to be higher than what they initially quoted ($2,999). It would have to, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Back