Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROLI Seaboard 25

Thanks

ROLI Seaboard 25

Sign in to disable this ad
    Wish me success with it fellows. Just ordered it the other day, due shortly after Christmas. Found a deal on a returned one.

Now I'll have my 88 key Keystation on the top rack, my mini-key 25 Worlde Panda on the left lower rack, and the ROLI Seaboard 25 middle lower rack to play. TEC Breath controller and Leap Motion, when I want it, and my Yamaha FC-7 pedal for nice wide control.

Getting pretty flexible here with gear! Hahaha!

God is good!
    Music and photography at whitepianos.blogspot.com

Thanks
    How do you like the TEC breath controller? and what is it connected to in your set up?

Thanks
    I mainly use the TEC with the SWAM violin. The SWAM's sound isn't my favorite for a violin, but the flexibility is the greatest. When you play it with something like the TEC, you can get really into the feel of the violin in a way you just can't with a keyboard alone. Also it is true that the SWAM violin sounds best played with a breath controller.

So the TEC is great! It's a lot of fun! I've only touched the tip of the iceberg of using it. I'm hoping that with the arrival of the ROLI Seaboard Rise 25 and its accompanying software instruments I'll have a lot of instruments that not only work great with the ROLI but also with the TEC.

I plan on getting the SWAM flutes in the future to use with the TEC as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inkline For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've been thinking about getting the Roli. I'm totally undecided between the 25 and 49. I don't need the full keybed really...it's just I don't know if I'll be sorry later on!

I'm definitely going to get the TEC breath controller. I wonder how SWAM's violin will respond to the Roli.

Thanks
    My ROLI's due in the mail day after tomorrow, so I'll try to give a mini review soon after. I have a lot of instruments I want to try it with.

I chose the 25 because it's a very nice size. I think I could easily sit it on my lap as well as a keyboard rack. I'll see if I miss the extra keys the 49 has or not shortly.

The TEC is just plain fun. I have no regrets getting it!

I have the 'breath and bite controller 2' version of it, it hangs neatly over your neck when you aren't using it.

Thanks
    Size and space is definitely a concern for me. That's the only reason why I'd choose the 25 over the larger one. Yes, it'd be nice to know how your libraries respond to this particular controller.

Thanks
    Yes I prefer 88 keys, but I feel like I am changing a bit as time goes by and it's less strong a preference, despite my playing the whole range a lot. I like to have convenient stuff to move around too and have every control in easy reach.. it's nice not to have to reach across the entire keyboard for the modwheel. So both an 88 key keyboard and some smaller stuff is good!

Nothing to report on the ROLI here, it's still in the mail, somehow surviving I hope as long as Fred's Ex doesn't toss it out the back of the truck. I feel like the Unrepentant Parcel Smashers would do a better job but this time Fred's Ex it is..

On the other hand I am very happy with the recent orchestra purchase from my wishlist. . .

Sublimely happy!

Glad I held out and didn't settle this time, I feel I am thoroughly set, and the woodwinds are wonderful.

Thanks
    Unboxed and started playing with the ROLI a few minutes ago.

This thing is great.. it is so much fun! There is so much control over each note!

More later. Right now I have to go back and play with the ROLI!

Thanks
    I planned on not downloading and installing the software at first in case I needed to do a return (and you can actually unregister the non-third party stuff). But that viewpoint vanished like a puff of air after a minute, and I installed everything.

Even without the software having aftertouch that is actually easily controllable.. it's very worth it. It is incredibly fun to use. Some people might not be able to adjust to the feel of it enough, but for my part it's so much fun I know I am getting the practice in to be able to use it handily.

I might've preferred the 49 for the extra range, perhaps I was too hasty installing the software, but couldn't afford one anyway at the moment. And the space saving of the 25 is very nice -- it's only about 2 inches wider than my computer keyboard, sits nicely on my lap, isn't heavy, but feels well made of metal.

The most fun I've had with it so far is using it with the CS-80 V. My Vangelis style patches now are really controllable with the aftertouch and it's just so much fun!

There's a lot of control I haven't gotten into yet. Some patches work well with using vibrato and some don't. My DAW at this time is Studio, and doesn't directly support MPE, so I have to have a track per aftertouch channel. It comes with Bitwig too, but I haven't adjusted to Bitwig quite yet, I prefer Studio.

I can't comment on the Noise app as I don't do Smartphone stuff, to my detriment I know. I think Equator could use more built in sounds too. I feel like this is still 'early' in the life of ROLI ready sampling.

I know I'm going to have a lot of fun for a long time with this thing. I don't feel it replaces a breath controller. I think they both have their strong points.

While I haven't tried the block, I think it probably is a great too for those looking just to dip their toe in. So far I haven't heard any complaints about the smaller keys of it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inkline For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I was gonna ask you some questions but you already answered most of them. I thought I had made up my mind about the 25 but now that you said that .....pfffff.

Do you have any orchestral libraries by any chance?

Thread Information