roland xp60

bhodgson

hello guys!

im new here and have a question. I have the roland xp60 keyboard and love it. the sounds are wonderful. I do have one question, however. Can I download sounds from webpages or elsewhere, save it to a floppy, take that floppy to my keyboard to load the patches in and save it into user slots? someone said i ccould, but i still dont know how or where to go to find files like that if i can. Thanks for any help! take care

brad

I have the sound driver.But i use the 1010 and I gave up with the program can someone fill me in on how to use it?

Does your Soundiver reconize your jv-1010? Thats a big part actually. And if it does, what is the problem that your having? I run every song that I do through Soundiver. I use it to save all of my performance settings, patch settings, edit patches like tvf, tva, lfo, resonance, yada yada yada.

sweet. thanks anppilot

thank you mucho grande. this is awesome info. i tried to get the program that changed .syx files to .syd files, but i didnt work. seemed to be a problem after downloading, tried it twice. any other ones you now of? again thank you! im not sure of the sound diver. im fairly new at this, so i dont have a lot of info. you said emagoc, does that mean i need to be using logic audio? sorry, im jsut not sure. hahaha
thanks
brad

Brad,

You don't need to be using Emagic Logic Audio to use Sound Diver. SD is an independent sound editing program. A one instrument version of Sound Diver comes free with the Roland JV 1010 and XP 30. I believe that SD also comes free in other Roland modules and keyboards. The fully blow Sound Diver program can edit the patches for the most popular modules and keyboards.

Rev E

Rev is right. Soundiver is an totally external program independent of Logic. Although, someone correct me if im wrong but, I was told that Soundiver integrates VERY WELL with Logic. Being a Cubase VST user, that superceeds my knowledge. Anyway, The full version of Soundiver works for over 300 synths/samplers/drum machines/and modules.

I use SOundive on my:
Roland D-110, Roland, U-110, Roland S-330, Roland JV-1080, ALESIS DM5, YAMAHA FB-01, YAMAHA TX81Z, AND AKAI S-2800

Its so nice to do all of my patch editing on a computer and having one program compatable with all of them, and not have to use a teeny, tiny little display to scroll through pages and pages to do what my computer monitor will let me do, and see everything at one time.

Back