Roland SD 50 sound module:advice needed.

Denv12

I'm about to buy a sound module to add to my Roland RD700SX stage piano.Just havent decided what to get.I'm looking at all brands of modules.
I need mainly pianos and electric piano sounds as well as drums.As for the Roland brand there is a new Roland SD-50 module.Does anyone use that one? Can you give me some feedback on it? What do you like about it and what dont you like about it?

My budget is limited to around $700(aust.)So I'm not looking for top of the line models.And,I'm not after another keyboard.Space is limited in my lounge room where my equipment is.My computer is in the bedroom because there isnt any room for it in the lounge room.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Well, that is more than just a sound module with the USB onboard audio. Do yuo need the USB audio interface?

I'm not familiar with interface.What I'm used to is the plug and play set up,the module has its own screen and controls and you just pick out what you want and play.

The XLR mic and the piano plug into the Tascam digital recorder that then runs into the Roland keyboard amp.My piano has a screen with all the information on it.Makes life easier.Never had any equipment plugged into it that used the screen.I have a digital recorder connected up.

I'm not familiar with interface.What I'm used to is the plug and play set up,the module has its own screen and controls and you just pick out what you want and play.

The XLR mic and the piano plug into the Tascam digital recorder that then runs into the Roland keyboard amp.My piano has a screen with all the information on it.Makes life easier.Never had any equipment plugged into it that used the screen.I have a digital recorder connected up.
Well, the SD50, if you read close has a USB audio interface that comes with it. I was thinking maybe some older sound modules. I've heard Roland, even the older ones have great piano sounds. I had started looking for older sound modules. But I don't have the exprience to comment on their quality. Just know there are some good deals on the older ones.

I like the idea of looking for older models.There's got to me some specials going for old stock thats out of date now.Some company websites show discontinued models.

The Roland SD50 has an electric piano sound called Tremelo EP2 .It sounds beautiful.The Ketron modules are good but need ipad connected to them as they dont have a screen/buttons dials.Their electric pianos are most beautiful.

I like the idea of looking for older models.There's got to me some specials going for old stock thats out of date now.Some company websites show discontinued models.

The Roland SD50 has an electric piano sound called Tremelo EP2 .It sounds beautiful.The Ketron modules are good but need ipad connected to them as they dont have a screen/buttons dials.Their electric pianos are most beautiful.

I was thinking more, ebay older.

Thanks for the tip.I'm looking around on ebay.There seems to be a lot of discontinued stock available.

Back