recording digital piano

tc4b

Yeah I been drinkin, SO!?
I'm curious to hear how others here record their digital pianos. Right now I either use the preamps on the front of my digi 001 or my ancient mackie 12-channel mixer. I tried my RNC compressor on it several diffrent times/ways, but didn't really like it.

What kind of preamps/effects do you use to record yours?

I'm a guitar player and use softsynths,but when I used to record a hardware synth I just went direct to the soundcard,no preamp whatsoever.
YMMV

I've gone from the heaphone out, directly into the line-ins on my delta 66 card. sounded pretty good to me.

I record my P90 or Motif ES using the instrument's line outputs into a Mackie VLZ mixer, then to my EMU soundcard. I have become very fond of Sony's Soundforge 8 for capturing audio in this manner. I then carry that wav over to Sonar 5.2PE if I am multitracking. I do not use effects on the way in, but may add a bit of reverb afterwards.

Bob

i usually plug the keyboard into the PA and then throw a mic about 5 feet back from the PA speaker. i hate the way DPs sound when recorded direct.

Line outs on the piano, straight to the line ins on the audio interface. Works great for me.

Back