Record midi songs from casio CTK-591 to computer (in midi format)

marv361

Hi! I am trying to record midi songs from my synth to the computer using general midi in/out-usb cable. The reason being is that i just want to continue practicing the piano pieces using Synthesia, since my synth is great at teaching individual hands with fingering, but lacks the ability to teach both hands at once with correct timing.

I read the manual: support.casio.com/manualfile.php?rgn=4&cid=008005008 , and it mentions that if I set AccompOut (Accomp MIDI Out on the 55th page) to 1, it will send the midi data played by the keyboard itself to the midi out, but what happens when I play a song is quite dissatisfactory in this sense. When I press play on the synth and a song starts to play all midi data to the computer seizes to be transferred anymore. Even keyboard input isn't shown on the computer not just the notes played by the synth.

I tried downloading the same midi songs by name but they all differ from the ones on the synth, so :(

I would really, really appreciate if you could help do this somehow. (or point me to a website where i can download this casio piano bank maybe)

Last edited:
Back