Pro Tools 9 LE (Xpand 2) & Yamaha MM6 Synth. - Help needed!

pricoblanco

Just recently upgraded to Pro Tools 9 LE (from having no recording equipment at all), and am using a Yamaha MM6 Synth. I've taken a few recording classes and we did a SMALL amount of synth. work using Xpand2 and an external synth. to play the tones on Xpand.

So far I've had no problems recording the voices from the Yamaha as it stands just using the line in/outs with my M-Box 2, but now I'm trying to use the synth. with Xpand2, to where my keyboard plays the voices in Xpand rather than those on the keyboard when the plugin is enabled.

My problem is I can't get this to happen as of yet. I've connected all the wires as shown in the tutorials and followed steps as best as possible, but every time I play the keyboard all I get are the Yamaha voices, and not Xpand voices. I've been looking for some solution as to enabling USB mode or something along those lines on my MM6 by nothing so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated, sorry for sounding like a noob, just this is my first time using Xpand2 with an external synth.

Ok I just got this working with all the Xpand2 voices, however, the drums do not work with the keyboard. Am I doing something wrong?

Back