New Korg Triton PCM expansion boards

PhilipM

Has anyone bought/heard the two new PCM expansion boards for the Triton? I'm interested in hearing opinions on them before I blindly buy one.

My brother just bought one of the 61 key tritons but I dont know anything about the add on boards, is there a theme to them or what? like orchestra, techno, drums, etc?
he might be interested in that
tanx
Syn

There are several add-in boards you can get. There's the MOSS board which gives you the synth engine from the Korg Z-1. There are the 4 PCM expansion boards: Studio Essentials, Pianos/Classic Keyboards, Future Loop construction, & Dance Extreme. You can also get a SCSI interface board. Give this link to your brother:
http://www.tritonhaven.com/index.html

It's got some good info on the Triton.

hey thanx alot man
we already knew about the moss expansion but it costs like another 500$, ouch!
anyway if u dont mind me askin what kind of music u makin, the triton whomps ass making trancy ambient pads and such

Yeah, the MOSS card is expensive, but I've played a Z-1 before, so it seems to be worth the price to me.

I'm just doing electronic music...pretty much whatever sounds good to me. I honestly don't know all the catagorical terms to help classify it. Some of my influences just to give you an idea of the sound: Paul Van Dyk, Enigma, Prodigy, Depeche Mode, Front Line Assembly...stuff like that. I'm just big on electronic music in general. I just can't think of a better overall main synth for electronic music (any sub-genre of it) than the Triton. I'm also looking to get into doing some commercial work.

Back