Nektar

This controller seems to have overall good reviews for 189$. Thats not a bad price... what do you think??
would be my first controller...
Nektar Impact LX49+ Keyboard

I can't speak for that particular model... but I own a Nektar SE25 (tiny little backpack keyboard) and a Panorama P1 for mixing, both from Nektar as well as their NP-1 & NX-P foot controllers and I've never had a problem with them. Seem well built and do exactly what I want them to do. I went with the Arturia MiniLab Mk II, when I needed to buy a controller with Pads like that Impact has, but I didn't need more than the 25 keys that it provided as I use a full size Casio Privia with weighted keys when I need to record with a keyboard. So anyhow, my experience with Nektar is that they seem to make good quality products, it just depends on what your needs are in regards to features. Hope this helps a bit.

I got the Nekt and it seems decent. good for the money.
One thing you might know... when you are using a vitrual inst.
from software on the 49+,the oscillator is in play whether you like it or not. In otherwords you can tune the keys up and down. I put it in default but it is still adjustable. So the exact tuning is up to the player. I found that exactly .50 on the display seemed to be the base correct tune. Like an acoustic piano would be tuned.Does that make sense or am I missing something....I am just learning about midi keyboards..

Midiplus has the AKM320 and AKM490 , USB midi controllers. $34 and $64. Cheapest I have seen.

They have real Midi outputs.

I use a A49.

Back