need reviews for the Boss Dr- 3 dr. rhythm Drum M...

SatelliteSNEt

i'm looking foward to buy my third drum machine... i already have a Korg Electribe RmkII and a Zoom rhythmtrak 234. i looking to buy the Boss DR 3.. but i need some reviews of people with experience with this dm.. eventhough it is little and cheap, does it have good control good, patterns, and several pos and cons of these gear.. thanx

Los SatelliteS

SatelliteSNEt said:
i'm looking foward to buy my third drum machine... i already have a Korg Electribe RmkII and a Zoom rhythmtrak 234. i looking to buy the Boss DR 3.. but i need some reviews of people with experience with this dm.. eventhough it is little and cheap, does it have good control good, patterns, and several pos and cons of these gear.. thanx

Los SatelliteS

I love mine. Has the fill buttons and ending buttuns and everything. Good sounds, midi, it's the best drum machine I have ever had. I have owned the RT 123, and the sR-16.

Jeff

thomas_cansing said:
so is it better than your other drum machines? is it better than a korg rmkII? thanx jeff what are pos and cons

It's the best I have ever had. With the variations, fills, intros and endings, I can make an entire drum track on the fly. All I do is think of any song that I know by heart, like "Let it be" from the Beatles. I think of that song and sing it to myself in my head, and hit the intro button on the dr3, and then hit my fills at the right time while I am singing, then my ending, and when I am done I have an entire drum track with fills and everything. Then, I just put my melody and instruments to it. You are only using a structure, not anyone's melody. When I finish a song, it sounds nothing like what I used for the structure. All the Beatle's song did was give me a structure that I know by heart, which makes it easier to make my own melody to it.

The only con of it is that it doesn't send midi out, so no recording midi to a sequencer. Tell you what, the decent Casio boards have a nice drum machine, with variation buttons, and midi out, so you don't have to use their sounds. Just record your drums to your sequencer from the casio, and use different drum samples and sets for the sounds. So really, you could get yourself a used Casio on Ebay and have a really cool drum machine that will send the drum notes as midi.

Jeff

Back