midi setup assistance...

dminor

ok heres the setup...

i have a PC connected to a midiman usb midisport 4x4..connected to the midisport is a midi controller keyboard and an korg exM1R module, and I am running cubase vst....

heres the problem, when i connect the controller keybard to the module, i can change patches/midi channels etc....however when i hook up the module and the controller to my computer via the midisport, I cannot send or receive midi messages to the module. I can see via the LED on the midisport that its receving note information, however it does not send info to the korg module.

also, it does indicate the the m1 programs have been loaded, however there are no patch names within cubase's midi info window, thus the patches cannot be changed via cubase. is it a setup problem in cubase? or could it be a driver issue? HELP!!!

you can reroute midi data both with your midiman software (hmm.. depends though...) and cubase. In cubase you go to the options menu and choose MIDI Setup, and choose "System". Then you must choose the output for the module in Midi Output and Mapped To.
In the left corner you'll also see a checkbox that says "MIDI thru" This must be checked and Thru Off Channel must be set to "off"
Now in your main window, you must setup all the eeded midi channels to output via that particular port. Now, when you want to route your controller keyboard to a specific channel, all you have to do is to click on the name of that channel and you should be fit to go.

Of course your korg must also be set to recieve midi date, but I guess you allready got that down.

hope that helped

Back