midi newbie question??

Minion

Blow Me !!!
Hi folks, I have been recording for quite a while now but I have never used a midi keyboard before , I just recently bought a cheapo one with a couple Midi rack mount units for $15 and need to know how to connect it to a delta 1010LT i just bought.....

The keyboard has a "Computer out' which is the same as a joy stick port, it has a "Midi out" which is a standard female midi port ,and an "Expantion" port which is the same as the joy stick out, and there is a foot switch jack.....

the rack units are an "AKAI ME15F midi dynamics controller" and there is an AKAI ME204 Midi Sequence Arpiggiator", i have no idea what these Units do as they didn"t come with Manuals but both have a "midi in" and several "Midi outs"......

So i was wondering if someone could tell me how I would go about connecting the keyboard and the rack units to the midi input/output on my delta 1010LT and maybe give me a Hint on what the rack units do and how to use them....

Any help at all would be great....Thanx

I gotta leave, so quick answer here. Midi out of keyboard to midi in of Delta. Midi out of Delta to midi in of first hardware synth midi in. Midi thru of that synth to midi in of second hardware synth. Use a sequencer program on your computer. Sequencer midi in is the Delta, midi out is also the Delta.

Thanx ....thats all I needed to know, for now anyways....

actually I do have another question.....does the midi port on the delta supply Power to the keyboard ?? bacause my keyboard doesn"t have a power cord and it doesn"t have a place to connect an adapter nor does it have a power switch or any buttons at all accept the keys....

Thanx

The keyboard has a "Computer out' which is the same as a joy stick port, it has a "Midi out" which is a standard female midi port ,and an "Expantion" port which is the same as the joy stick out, and there is a foot switch jack.....

That's almost certainly a midi controller keyboard. It makes no sound on it's own and is built to control either hardware modules or --- when connected to a computer --- midi sequencing programs.

the rack units are an "AKAI ME15F midi dynamics controller" and there is an AKAI ME204 Midi Sequence Arpiggiator", i have no idea what these Units do as they didn"t come with Manuals but both have a "midi in" and several "Midi outs"......

The bad news is those are not hardware synthesizer modules but midi processing modules instead. They are from a mid-eighties Akai series that included the two you have and a real head-scratcher called a 'Midi Delay' that was lacking any kind of facility to sync to a tempo, either midi or otherwise. They are in the category of midi pieces that have no current market value to speak of, so you might as well put them in a closet 'til you understand their function.

Here's a link to a nugget I found on the web ---

http://63.247.135.83/~archive/akai/2001/aug-dec/msg02006.html

Back