M-Audio Keystation MINI 32

revnice1

I bought an M-Audio Keystation MINI 32, which is about the smallest MIDI keyboard known to man. With the purchase you get a downloadable synth.

The synth works perfectly when pressing the virtual keys in Studio One but I have no idea how to make the keyboard play the sound that's loaded.

Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks - rev

If you have successfully loaded the synth into Studio One and can play it with the virtual keyboard but not your Mini, then you have to check the connection between Mini and computer. First port of call would be seeing whether it shows up as a midi device in Studio one. Second thing to do is to create an arm a track to record midi. Start with those two things.

Thanks for the reply! The MINI 32 was not one of the choices listed but I used the dialog to define it and it shows up in the list of MIDI devices. Win 10 says 'Keyboard is set up and ready to go' but it speaks with false tongue because I still can't get it to play anything. The vst3 port says, USB device not recognized so I've got it in a USB 2.0 port.

In the External Devices dialog, under the Send To column it says, Not Connected. Since it's a dumb keyboard I only defined Receive From. Still no sound and it doesn't record anything.

In which case you may need a Studio One user to come along, because it's not a DAW I use.

However, it might pay you to try a different USB cable as a precaution

Back