M-audio Axiom Pro 49 (question)

NLAlston

Hello all.

Yesterday, I stopped in to the local Guitar Center, to check out midi keyboard controllers. I actually went in for the express purpose of checking out a particular model, that I had just read reviews on, and which seemed to be (according to the reviews) what I might be in need of. However, that unit was too 'toy like' in its feel, and I REALLY DIDN'T like the keybed, on it. After an employee, and I, looked into a couple of others, he happened to point to a used one that was on the shelf. I fingered the keyboard, in simulated playing fashion, and fell in love with the feel of those keys. It was the M-Audio Axiom Pro 49. It had many more controls on it, than my present M-Audio Keystation 49e - and was just a better, solidly built (I LOVE its heft) controller. It turns out that it won't be ready for pickup until the 22nd, so I left a deposit.I was SO looking forward to next week, Thursday, but am now quite a bit concerned.

For one, I've read very recent stories of the Axiom units not working on Windows10 computers. Just a moment ago, I searched the internet for drivers, and could not find any. The M-Audio site, of course, doesn't support the unit anymore. I REALLY wanted that controller, but wonder (now) if I should return to GC, tomorrow, and get my deposit back. OR, does anyone know if the Asio4All drivers might work, for it?

Any help in this matter would be most appreciated. Advanced thanks.

Nathan

OK, everyone. After much more researching, it appears that the only functionality I would lose (without having the appropriate drivers) would be the Hyper Control (automatic mapping) feature. Sure, it would be so nice to have that but, as long as everything else works as it should, I think that I'd be happy with it. Of course, there should be a way to manually map the controller to Reason. But, that is something that I would have NO idea, in knowing how to go about getting that done.

Back