Looking for a keyboard amp

Michael Jones

I'd like to spend somewhere around $350 $400.
In this price range, could I get a stereo amp? I want clarity over volume too!
And, could I play an electric guitar thru a keyboard amp?

Yo Mike:

Roland makes three keyboard/plus more amps. I happen to own the largest model and it is heavy but has built in sockets for wheels.

The other two models might be worth looking into. I like the sound from the box I have and it has many added features that, really, I don't quite understand at this moment.

But, the box decorates my studio.

Green Hornet:p :p :p

I'd like to spend somewhere around $350 $400.
In this price range, could I get a stereo amp? I want clarity over volume too!
And, could I play an electric guitar thru a keyboard amp?

Hey Michael, I too have been looking at keyboard amps (even started a thread oops) One that has tripped me is the Hartke, and no one seems to mention it on here, is there a reason guys? About playing a guitar through it...I visited the Carvin site and they have keyboard amps, but to my surprise they offer an acoustic guitar amp (play electric too) and has 3 plug ins for gear, and is under 40 lbs at 100 watts, looks interesting.

do they still make that beautiful 'Cube' amp???.....fond memories of that little beast.
Hartke makes some real lovely stuff too.

I use a Roland KC-300, and the current model is the KC-350. A great amp, I've used it for years and recommend it.

Hey I agree also, I do like the Roland KC-350, it is the perfect combination of power and value, it is ideal for medium-sized gigs. It features a 120-watt amplifier with convenient 3-band EQ, new Output Select and Shape switch features, plus a Subwoofer output for extra low end. The KC-350 can also be connected to mixer or recording devices via its 1/4" phone Line output.
It's light enough to tote around but loud enough so you can hear yourself onstage.The input mixing is great ,especially the switchable input.
Totally I am satisfied with it , the only thing I don't like is the price ,it cost me $649, you know just a week later after I bought it my friend found the same ting only for $495 :
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=60156
That's $154 between , that deal do make me feel seek , so if you intend to get this item you should catch that deal though your bugdet is $400,anyway hope this helps and good luck .

:eek:I donated my Roland, large and heavy, to the band folks at my former undergraduate college.

Took them a while to pick it up but I did get the tax write-off and made some folks happy in the band as they already had one large Roland but needed another.

I'd go with the lighter version 350, especially if you have a a few years of carry heavy stuff to gigs.

For a fee, some vendors will let you test drive one of their B stock amps--all you need to do is dial the 800 number and ask.

Green Hornet:cool:

I went with the "heavy" got it in and I have to admitt the KC550 sounds as heavy as its weight...didn't want to haul (lift) that much, but throwing ina PA,amps and console, it just fits. Roland rocks

TGH...that's a mighty kind donation!

Keyboard Amp

I thought I would throw this one out to you all.

For Sale: Fender SFX 200 Keyboard Amp

This amp is in like new condition and all aspects of the unit work perfectly.
The amp is roughly 2 years old, but has seen very little use due to my lack of playing
out any longer. The amp has three channels, one having an XLR input for a dynamic mic, including full DSP capability on all channels.

This amp rocks when used with a keyboard, BUT it also makes a great ALL-IN ONE
PA system for an Acoustic-Electric guitar player doing small to medium coffee house
type gigs. You can run your guitar in one channel, a drum machine or backing tracks in another channel and your mic in the mono channel.
Your guitar will sound HUGE filling the room with 300 deg of sound.

If used with keyboards, while it’s no Leslie, your organ patches will sound great too.
You will NOT be disappointed with this amp when used with either source of instrument.
It is plenty loud used alone, or you can use the direct L/R out and go the FOH system, using this amp as your monitor.

I will include a full cover, factory casters, and a copy of the users manual.

Below is the write-up from Musicians Friend detailing the specifications.
This innovative new keyboard amp, with its ground breaking Stereo Field eXpansion Technology™, takes the concept of live stereo sound to a new level. By combining Stereo Digital Signal Processing and SFX Technology, the system is capable of projecting 300° of amazingly realistic stereo layered tone without any separation of speakers. It sends your stereo patches swirling around the room so those in the audience hear amazingly true stereo regardless of location. The SFX200 features 32 stereo presets , including simulations of vintage Fender® amps. It has a 3-channel preamp (2 stereo, one mono/mic) and delivers 80W per channel (160W RMS). Speakers are Special Design Fender®s (a 12" and a 10") and a Piezo horn. Other features include Delta Comp™, sub woofer line out, line inserts, Stereo line outs, and more. 33"H x 19.5"W x 13.5"D. 80 lbs.

More Info and/or pictures if wanted. Cell=401-474-8060 or timmyhenry@hotmail.com
I'd like to get $450 and will do very reasonable shipping in the USA.
A very versitile amp!

Thanks
Paul

Mike, you're the cat with the major studio gear, right?

Pony up and buy a nice self-powered mini-PA. I got a couple of NTX55Ps from Yorkville. They sound so much better than any of the so-called keyboard amps.

Back