Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Korg MS2000 broken?

Thanks

Korg MS2000 broken?

Sign in to disable this ad
    hi --

I have n MS2000R which stopped working all of a sudden: when I switch it on, the display and the 1/INST 2/VOICE switch on. However, the 1/Inst 2/Voice switch off after 2 seconds and the display is light, but stays blank. No other LED comes on.

Any ideas what I could do??

Thanks
    How long have you had it? It may have had a defective memory battery or maybe it just ran out. That's a guess but I hope this is not what is in store for my MS2000.

Thanks
    I had it for 2 years now. Intreresting what you say about the battery! This was the first time in 2 years I un-plugged it for a few weeks. It had always been plugged in before, and was even switched on most of the time. When I plugged in in again, it did't start. Do you think I can open the box and search for a battery?

Thanks
    You could but I highly doubt it would have drained in two years. More like ten. Maybe keeping it on so often overcharged it and caused it to die before it's time. If I were you I would email Korg. For all we know there is a common problem that has a simple fix.
    My Lexicon MPX1 had a thing where it locked up looking for a digital clock signal and I thought it was toast. The Lexicon support guy told me to hold down a button or something while powering it up and down and it was fixed like magic.
    I would email them before you try anything.

Thanks
    The Korg support said it could be the power supply. If it was the internal battery, all the programs would be set to "Init PROG".

I opened the MS2000 and didn't find any fuse or battery. Next I checked the power supply, and noticed that it produced 13Volts instead of 9V. However, I also have a Korg EM-1 which essentially uses the same power supply: also 13V! The EM-1 works fine, and if I use that power supply with the MS2000, it still doesn't work. I also tried resetting the device to the factory deaults, but it wouldn't let me do it coz it doesn't respond to any keys.

Guess I have to send it out to get serviced. Damnit!

Thanks
    You're using the wrong power supply. The coorect power supply is 9v 500ma.

Thanks
    I am aware that the power supply should have a nominal of 9V/500mA, but that's the original power supply that came with the MS2000R. I've used it for almost 2 years. Maybe it got zapped by a recent spike in the power outage during a storm??

Interstingly, the power supply of my Electribe EM-1 also produces 13V, instead of the 9V. The EM-1 works fine, though. Puzzling. The MS2000R doesn't work with that power supply.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Giganova
    I am aware that the power supply should have a nominal of 9V/500mA, but that's the original power supply that came with the MS2000R. I've used it for almost 2 years. Maybe it got zapped by a recent spike in the power outage during a storm??

Interstingly, the power supply of my Electribe EM-1 also produces 13V, instead of the 9V. The EM-1 works fine, though. Puzzling. The MS2000R doesn't work with that power supply.
    You've used the 13v power supply for 2 yrs?

The em1 obviously uses 13v... The ms2000 does not. And wether you used it or not you definitely risk damaging the unit by using the wrong power supply. I repeat... You are going to, or have fucked it up already if you are using the 13v power supply. They are not interchangeable. Try using another 500ma/9v power supply and if it doesn't work send it in because it's most likely fried.

Thanks
    well, both units came with the original power supply, which I've used since. Its printed "9V/500mA" on both power supplies.

Thanks

Then where does the 13v come in?
    You are confusing...

Thread Information