Keyboard submixer.

fraserhutch

Flypaper for freaks
Hi all.

I need a submixer for my keyboard rack, and am looking for some suggestions. I really only need an 8 channel submixer, but will consider up to 16 channels.

Would a Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro be a good choice? I am really just looking for basic fader control. EQ will not be used, not will the pres. However, the line inputs and outputs must be of top quality as I do not want to compromise the signal.

Any suggestions?

Tahnks in advance!

The 1202 doesn't have faders, it has volume pots. Otherwise it would work well. The 1402 does have faders.

This might be what you're looking for. Or this would probably fit the bill to, but keyboards don't usually need --- and you said you don't want --- EQ capability.

Since we're on the subject, I could use something like this as well, but with far fewer channels.

What's out there that can do 3 instruments (stereo)?

ssscientist said:
This might be what you're looking for. Or this would probably fit the bill to, but keyboards don't usually need --- and you said you don't want --- EQ capability.

Thanks for the replies.

What about the sonic quality? Will I compromise the signal at all going through these? I don't mind spending a little more ifor better quality...

That Rane looks cool. I just wanted to say that the line inputs on the Yamaha MG10/2 are -10 only ... which totally sucks. So don't get that .. although I use mine for exactly this purpose!!! :)

Well, I got the Rane, and have played with it a bit.
Nice.

It colours the sound a tad, but in a very pleasant way. It does tend to make the keys a little more present than through my ADs alone. But all in all, I'm quite happy with it.

Thanks for the heads up, SA

Back