hooking banshee talkbox to micro korg?

bankoffdank

hey whats up yall just got a banshee talkbox and i cant figure out how to hook it up to my microkorg and what exactly the settings on the micro korg have to be at to get it to work if can anybody help me i would apricate it hella also i got a alesis ion keyboard im tryin to figure out how to set the talk box up to as well if anybody knows that i would apricate it if u let me know how thank u

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Rocktron/Banshee/10/2
Might help - the 2nd one mentions his set up.
Search this BBS as well - there are about three links.
From what I recall it's instrument into talkbox & talkbox into amp like most other effects - Oh one end of the tube into top of the unit the other into your mouth.
Check on safety too - they was a time when these things were considered not terribly good for you - not this brand specifically BUT...

already tried

hey thanks 4 tryin bro but either my talkbox is broke even though its brand new or im a retard i hook the out on my keyboard to the in on the banshee and the out on the banshee to my studio mixer now sound goes into the banshee and i hear it makin sound on the banshee amplifire but i cant get sound to come threw the line to my mixer 4 recording this shit is very frusterating and my mixer is set up perfect so its not that basiclly i cant get sound out of the talkbox to record!! someone anyone please help me i noticed watching some videos that when people use the talk box on a keyboard they only have on cord going into the banshee but no korg on the out jack? so this shows me the set up is differnt 4 the keyboard then the gutair anybody got any ideas there has to be someone on here with a talkbox hooked up to there keyboard to get that player zap and roger sound somebody help me much aprication. yes i relize i blow at spelling

no not with the keyboard

every video from at least 2000 and up shows no mic just the hose in there mouth at least all the videos i seen on google video

Sorry, I have a Banshee and the part that you have to record is what comes out of that hose. There's an amplifier in the banshee and when you hit the footswitch it mutes the sound going to your amp and instead, the only sound is what comes out of the hose.
If you don't have the mic at your mouth where the hose is ..... you won't get any 'talking box ' sound.
I don't know what videos you've seen ..... but since the entire purpose of the talkbox is to send the sound to your mouth so you can articulate it like speech .... how would it be possible to get that sound anywhere else than from your mouth.
You have to have a mic there to get the 'wah-wah' speech sounds .......... period.

also be careful ...... there are two 'outs' on that thing ..... one is line signal but the other is a speaker out so don't run that one into a mixer or you might fry something.
But the line out is only for sending an unaltered line signal thru to the amp when you are not using that talkbox effect. When using it ..... the line thru is muted and the absolute only place you're gonna get the talkbox effect is at the end of the hose.

i noticed watching some videos that when people use the talk box on a keyboard they only have on cord going into the banshee but no korg on the out jack? so this shows me the set up is differnt 4 the keyboard then the gutair
Just noticed this. The reason they don't have a cord coming out of the Banshee is not because the keyboard setup is different than guitar. It's because the Banshee is different than most talkboxes in that it has an internal amplifier so it doesn't have to hook up to your amps' speaker output. You can just use it like a stompbox. So on guitar ..... you'd have the output going to your guitar amp so that when you're not using the talkbox, you'll get your regular sound out of the guitar amp. But with all the mutiple outputs and sends available on keys .... there's no need to have it running back to the amp.
In either case ..... the talkbox effect comes only from the tube and no place else. It doesn't not come out in any line send that you can send to a mixer.

k

im starting to think those videos i saw where lip singing or someshit o well i hooked it up like yall said its working just still confused on some of the videos i saw but o well happy to have it work thanks guys

Lip synching I think.
Don't trust a Utoob vid as a source of info.
It's even less releiable than Wikkie.

Back