Hook up my MIDI Controller to my iPad and run it through MY PC

MikeyLee

I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to be able to hook up my iPad to a MIDI controller or my Yamaha Keyboard and then run it into my PC so I can record on my DAW on my PC. I use my Yamaha as a work station for Cubase so I need it hooked up via USB to my PC to be able to use audio drivers. So I cannot figure out how I would be able to hook up my iPad also. Also my controller is powered via USB through the computer. So I cannot figure out how to make that work with the iPad together with the PC either. Any Ideas? I have very little knowledge on pro audio engineering, and such any help much appreciated! Thanks MIKEE :o

There are loads of iPad - midi connectors / interfaces choice just depends on how much you want to pay and what you want to achieve. Irig, Roland, Griffin.

You can then use any of the many midi programs available via the App Store ( loads are free) to control your keyboard and record to PC.

As with everything if you are not familiar with Midi it will take some effort - it's not always plug n play :)
Good luck

Ive heard good things about the iconnect...I think you can even link two PCs together on one of their boxes.

Back