Freebie? what should I do!!!

jammit

My xmas present to myself was a new keyboard :)
During the purchase process there was much confusion on the part of the retailer. I know it was xmas time and all, but these folks could'nt find there a$$'s if both hands were glued to them......not to mention they had a problem being truthful.
To make a long story short, I got what I wanted but I will never purchase from this company again.
Here's the kicker. They shipped me 2 units from different stores.
I payed for one. Should I wait until they figure out what they did
or should I call them and have UPS pick the package back up.
and "NO" I'm not going to keep it so don't ask to buy it.
I sort of want to wait to see if they realize what they done but
my concience says send it back tomorrow........because they may never figure it out....yes they are that stupid!!!!!!

d

btw, It was a closeout unit at discount for $1000

I wonder...................
If I kept the unit and 6 months later during inventory they found
their mistake, would I be liable for the unit?
SHAME ON ME!!!!!!! FOR EVEN THINKING SUCH!!!! OH HOW COULD I!!!!

I had a friend who copped a $600 machine from MF and they sent 2... They never called him or asked for it back... He still has it. They always screw up around the holidays.

If you are a good guy then try to send it back now... You may change your mind if you wait. You don't want to be the guy to take advangtage of others mistakes... Right? Cuz that's wrong... Call to get a return number and tell them to send a truck to pick it up cause it's not really your problem. If they don't wanna do it then you did your part. If you are a super nice guy then drop it off for them...

Me... I'd keep it. . But i've done way worse things and will probably do many, many, many more if i'm lucky. I'm the bad man. Don't be like me. ;)

I doubt they'll miss it though... Is that TUPELO?

I had the same thing happen where a company sent me two mixing consoles valued at $1500 a piece. I called the company and they arranged to have UPS pick it up. I did it for the employee who would get tagged with the loss and not the company which as in your case was pretty pathetic and I never dealt with again.

My thoughts are,
because of this companies lack of customer courtesy and
needless lying, I would just give the instrument to an underpriveledged talented youth. Their lack of good business practices are no justification for me keeping something that does'nt belong to me, but to give it away, would that be the same as keeping it myself? I think this company needs a spanking, but I don't want a thief label either.
LAZI, yes Tupelo....birthplace of Elvis, he lived in a 1 room home.
The town has his birth home set-up for tourist. If you ever get a chance come by and visit.

I'm in JACKSON... Been to TUPELO plenty... Never been to Elvis's old crib though.

If it's a moral issue type thing then send it back... If you're worried about how the world will see you then you're too paranoid to enjoy the good in not returning it... Send it back. I do a few "not so nice" things but if I gotta think about it too long then I usually won't do it.

If you gonna just give it up then giving it to a COMMUNITY CENTER along with the paper work sound cool... It's little to nothing to do in Tupelo. The kids might enjoy thinking they'll be the next hot producer. :D

You mind me asking what kinda keyboard? Just curious.

Now, lets be cynical:

If you somehow have signed for both units, then yes, it can be proven that you received two units, and then you need to send one back.

However, if you never signed for them, it will be very hard for them to prove that the actually sent you two. So, in that case, you need to follow your own conscience. I'd probably send it back. But I'm getting more cynical and, well, evil, with old age. :)

A couple years ago, I bought some monitors from GC. They were priced individually, but the cashier rang them up as a pair, so basically I got both speakers for the price of one. I realized this in the car, and after much mental debate I went back in the store and told the cashier of her mistake.
She said she just did what the computer told her to. I said I knew it was not correct. She then got indignant with me and asked if I thought she should call her manager up to look into it. I told that was up to her, but that I was happy with things the way they were if she was. She said that as far as she was concerned, there was no problem and I shouldn't worry about it.
I left a happy man, with my ethics intact. Never heard from them again regarding the whole thing.

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

Many years ago I had a little Crate 60 watt amp that needed repairs. They gave me a loner of the same model while mine was being repaired. When I went to pick up my amp they didn't ask me anything about the loner so I left it in the car and ended up with 2 amps. In this case they didn't loose much though. Those amps were named appropriately.

if u signed fo it give it back
if not if u hurtin fo money sell it
if not that give it to someone you know fo sho could use it thats havin hard times

or bring 1 back to the store give it back and get sumthin else u need valued at that

there not gonna figure out there fucc up i wouldn't have layed that out on the web tho

Surprisingly enough according to law you're not responsible for returning items mistakenly delivered to you .... I know there are gonna be some folks thinking I'm wrong but i got that straight from a post-marshall. If they do notice they made a mistake and try to get it back there is a time-limit in which they act. This goes for commercial parcel as wel ....ie UPS

Back