Fatar SL-161 or SL-61

Roel

That SMART guy.
How do the keyboard-actions compare for these two?

It says "Weighted Synth Action Keys" for the 161 and "Non-Weighted Synth Action Keys" for the 61.

I'm thinking of buying one of these, as they match perfectly with what I need, but I'm not able to test 'em. So I completely depend on the feedback I get here... Or any other controllers I should consider?

I need: 61 or 74 keys, hold/volume pedal, velocity/aftertouch, and seperate modulation controller (not joystick that does both)... But I could make a compromise...

Roel,

It sounds like the SL-161 is what you would need. I recently got the 161. I'm not really sure what Studiologic meant by "weighted" keys, but the 161 is not very much different in touch from my previous "synth" action keybeds. There is a little weight to the keys, but I've owned and played many other synth action boards that felt like the SL-161. For a person like you who like's the touch of a piano, the SL161, may be a better fit than the SL-61. I have a feeling that the SL-61 would feel like a toy to you. My $0.02.

Rev E

P.S. the SL-161 has everything that you wanted (separate mod wheel/pitch bend wheel), volume, sustain pedals, two MIDI outs in parallel, synth action, etc. I would highly recommend it.

I tried the SL-161 when I was looking at controller/module combos, and it has a very nice synth action. I haven't tried the SL-61, but if it advertises "non-weighted" vs. "weighted" on the SL-161, chances are it's along the lines of a Yamaha S03/S30 or Roland XP-30; no action to speak of.

If you want some kind of feel, it sounds like the SL-161 would be it.

Back